Attack speed (often shortened as AS or ASPD) is the frequency of a hero's basic attacks. They are measured and displayed as attacks per second.
- Attack speed cannot be increased beyond 2.5 attacks per second (or 1 attack every 0.4 seconds).
Attack speed bonuses (from Items or Abilities, etc.) are in percent. The bonus is a percentage of the heroes base attack speed. Therefore, heroes with higher base attack speed benefit more from attack speed increases. Like all stats, one's attack speed can be increased via leveling up, items, talents, buffs, and abilities. Some items and abilities (only those two) decrease enemy attack speed.
- Bonus attack speed cannot be reduced below 0% (or 0% bonus attack speed).
Bonus attack speed sources
- Heroes gain AS% at each level, not including level 1. This amount depends on the hero and Awakening System.
Both bonus attack speed and bonus attack speed reduction stack additively.
[(1st bonus AS%) +...+ (last bonus AS%)] - [(1st AS% reduction) +...+ (last AS% reduction)] = Final bonus AS%
- Example: Break Blade grants +40% attack speed and Hand Sonic also grants +55% attack speed, so the hero gains +95% in total.
- Final attack speed cannot go above the cap of 2.5 attacks per second.
- Final attack speed cannot go below the cap of base attack speed
- (For example: Miki Sayaka's attack speed cannot go below 0.66 attacks per second)
- Many in-game tooltip percentages have been rounded, so results may be slightly different unless the precise numbers are known.
- Calculating "bonus attack speed":
- Miki Sayaka has 0.66 attacks per second.
- Every time Miki Sayaka levels up, she gains bonus AS% based on percentage growth 3.1%.
- At level 18 she has gained 52.7% as bonus AS%.
- Let's say she has Break Blade: +40%.
- Let's also say she has Hand Sonic: +55%.
- All together she has: 52.7 + 40 + 55 = 147.7% bonus AS% or 1.477 bonus AS as a decimal.
- Final calculation:
- Base Attack Speed + [Total Bonus Attack Speed%] = 0.66 + [52.7 + 40 + 55]% = 1.63482 attacks per second.
- In game, the number will be shown as 1.63
- Calculating "bonus attack speed" with the special buff that increases "total attack speed":
- Kaname Madoka has 0.67 attacks per second.
- Every time Miki Sayaka levels up, she gains bonus AS% based on percentage growth 3.2%.
- At level 18 she has gained 54.4% as bonus AS%.
- Let's say she has Law of Cycles: +55% (bonus attack speed)
- Let's say she has Break Blade: +40% (bonus attack speed)
- Let's also say she uses an active ability of Law of Cycles: +30% (total attack speed)
- All together she has: 54.4 + 55 + 40 = 149.4% bonus AS% or 1.494 bonus AS as a decimal.
- She also has 30% as a final boost for her total AS.