The Ladder to the Sky or Ranked War is a game mode in which you participate in a ranked and competitive battle using the Ban Pick system (similar to the Draft Pick in League of Legends). The game mode is now available between 8.00 AM ~ 11.59 PM (GMT+8) every day. The minimum requirement to participate in this mode is to own at least 24 heroes and have at Summoner Level (Player Level) at least 20 or higher. The game can participate in both as a solo matchmaking or team matchmaking (2 players). All achievements in this game mode will be considered as achievements in Eternal Arena, meaning the tasks of any activities and events that are related to Eternal Arena can also be completed here.
Starting from the Ranking System in 2020, the rank game is now having a fresh start with the Ban & Pick (BP) system finally becomes the core system of the game. The game mode uses the mechanisms of the Eternal Arena with the few other elements for the competitive match, the details of the game mode are as follows:
- Solo / Team Matchmaking: Players can participate in this game mode by playing solo or forming a team of 2 players, both will participate in the same match of other solo players and team players, however, the system will adjust both your team and your opponent team in each game match to have equal among of solo players and team players.
- Banning Phase: At the start of the hero selection, the first 4 players on each team are allowed to ban 1 hero for each player up to a total of 8 heroes. During the banning phase, you will be able to see the heroes banned by your teammate, but you will not be able to see the banned heroes of the opposite teams (Blind Ban). During the banning phase, the same heroes can't be banned from the same team more than once, but they will be able to be banned by both teams. During the banning phase, both teams will not be able to see the opponent's name similar to blind pick in Eternal Arena. In case any player doesn't use their chance to ban a hero within the time limit, their chance will be lost. If both teams complete the ban of 8 heroes before the time limit runs out, the banning phase will instantly end. At the end of the banning phase, the banned heroes of the opposite teams will be revealed.
- Selection Phase: During the selection phase, the selection will be divided into 8 rounds with each round lasts for 30 seconds, and the heroes that are already selected can't be selected again by opponent's teams. The rotation for players to select heroes between each round will be as follows:
- 1st Round: 1st Player of Red Team
- 2nd Round: 1st and 2nd Players of Blue Team
- 3rd Round: 2nd and 3rd Players of Red Team
- 4th Round: 3rd and 4th Players of Blue Team
- 5th Round: 4th and 5th Players of Red Team
- 6th Round: 5th and 6th Players of Blue Team
- 7th Round: 6th and 7th Players of Red Team
- 8th Round: 7th Players of Blue Team
- After the end of 8th round of the selection, the Hero Selection will enter the Preparation Phase
- Preparation Phase: During this phase, there are 30 seconds for all players to modify their Talents, Summoner Spells, and Skins. After the preparation is done, all players will enter the final phase of 5 seconds that forbids all players to do anything before the start of the match.
- Leaving & AFK: For players who not choose any hero during the selection phase, they will be automatically kicked out from the game, and all other players will be returned to queue for a new match. For players who leave or not choose a hero during the selection phase, they will be automatically subjected to penalty equal to leaving 2 games in Eternal Arena. The higher penanlty received the longer the time for disabling from entering the game mode (the timer for penalty that prevents you from entering the game will be reset to the 1st level when you no longer receive penalty for 24 hours). will be If a player were to AFK or leave for a while during the course of the game, they will receive several penalty including the lost of their rank points regardless of the match's outcome.
- Ranking System: The end result of this game mode will grant or deduct the points that will be used to evaluate your current rank in the ranking system. For the initial details of the ranking system, it will be as follows:
- Every players will start at the first division "Beginner" (初心者) with 0 rank points, currently, there are 7 ranks available as follows: Beginner -> Apprentice -> Adventurer -> Braver -> Elite -> Hero -> Legendary (初心者->学徒->冒险者->勇者->精英->英雄->传说).
- After players are being promoted to the next division, the rank points will be displayed at 0 points, showing only the required rank points for moving to the next division.
- Within the rank system, there is a protection mechanism for each division, each time you move to the upper or lower division, you will get 1 protection charge from the system, the 1 protection charge will be consumed each time your rank points drop to 0 in order to prevent your rank to move into the lower division.
- The required rank points for each division are as follows:
- 1st Star Beginner starts at 0 Rank Points and moves to next division at 49 Rank Points
- 2nd Star Beginner starts at 49 Rank Points and moves to next division at 99 Rank Points
- 1st Star Apprentice starts at 99 Rank Points and moves to next division at 149 Rank Points
- 2nd Star Apprentice starts at 149 Rank Points and moves to next division at 199 Rank Points
- 3rd Star Apprentice starts at 199 Rank Points and moves to next division at 299 Rank Points
- v1st Star Adventurer starts at 299 Rank Points and moves to next division at 399 Rank Points
- 2nd Star Adventurer starts at 399 Rank Points and moves to next division at 499 Rank Points
- 3rd Star Adventurer starts at 499 Rank Points and moves to next division at 599 Rank Points
- 4th Star Adventurer starts at 599 Rank Points and moves to next division at 699 Rank Points
- 1st Star Braver starts at 699 Rank Points and moves to next division at 799 Rank Points
- 2nd Star Braver starts at 799 Rank Points and moves to next division at 899 Rank Points
- 3rd Star Braver starts at 899 Rank Points and moves to next division at 999 Rank Points
- 4th Star Braver starts at 999 Rank Points and moves to next division at 1099 Rank Points
- 5th Star Braver starts at 1099 Rank Points and moves to next division at 1299 Rank Points
- 1st Star Elite starts at 1299 Rank Points and moves to next division at 1499 Rank Points
- 2nd Star Elite starts at 1499 Rank Points and moves to next division at 1699 Rank Points
- 3rd Star Elite starts at 1699 Rank Points and moves to next division at 1899 Rank Points
- 4th Star Elite starts at 1899 Rank Points and moves to next division at 2099 Rank Points
- 5th Star Elite starts at 2099 Rank Points and moves to next division at 2399 Rank Points
- 1st Star Hero starts at 2399 Rank Points and moves to next division at 2699 Rank Points
- 2nd Star Hero starts at 2699 Rank Points and moves to next division at 2999 Rank Points
- 3rd Star Hero starts at 2999 Rank Points and moves to next division at 3299 Rank Points
- 4th Star Hero starts at 3299 Rank Points and moves to next division at 3599 Rank Points
- 5th Star Hero starts at 3599 Rank Points and moves to next division at 3999 Rank Points
- 1st Star Legend starts at 3999 Rank Points and moves to next division at 4399 Rank Points
- 2nd Star Legend starts at 4399 Rank Points and moves to next division at 4799 Rank Points
- 3rd Star Legend starts at 4799 Rank Points and moves to next division at 5199 Rank Points
- 4th Star Legend starts at 5199 Rank Points and moves to next division at 5599 Rank Points
- 5th Star Legend starts at 5599 Rank Points and maximum at 99999 Rank Points
- Note: Currently, the rank game is very toxic and it best to avoid playing it in case you want to experience a "good match" from this game due to the rank mode is being flooded with a ton of "black players" who spam their win rate by putting multi-accounts of their own into both teams and running the full game of 7 players for both team to create a pseudo-private room to increase their "Win Rate" causing the evaluation of team strength to fail to match them with a team of the equal strength in Eternal Arena. The example of the people using multi-accounts in the rank games can be found HERE.
After the update of Patch - 2020.07.16, the rank system now starts granting rewards to players based on the current rank they earn during each season. The list of all rewards available in this game mode will be as follows:
2020 Rewards (Ended at 2020.10.22)
Level 1 Health Bar Skin: Can be obtained from reaching Beginner (初心者) rank.
Skin Card - Pajamas Emilia: Can be obtained from reaching Apprentice (学徒) rank.
Health Bar Skin
The Health Bar skins that can be obtained as rewards from this game mode can be used in both this game mode and Eternal Arena, they will be separated from the Health Bar skin in Eternal Battlefield and Dragon Quest that will be based on the total sum of Equipment Levels of all currently equipped equipment.
- This game mode uses Eternal Arena's features.
The game ended when it met with one of the following conditions:
Eternal Arena • Eternal Battlefield • Blitz Battle • Dragon Quest • Ladder to the Sky • 2D Cube
Protect the 2D World • Ikkitousen • Dimensional War • Custom Mode
300 Heroes Chess