Life steal is an offensive stat that restores health to the wielder for a percentage of all on-hit physical damage they deal, except for the basic attacks of some unique heroes like Gray Fullbuster or Konpaku Youmu, which also applies life steal on magic damage. Basic attacks, abilities that apply on-hit effects, and abilities that modify basic attacks all benefit from life steal.
Life steal is calculated from the actual damage done to an enemy, after armor and all other forms of damage reduction. All heroes have 0% base life steal. It can be increased with items, talents, and some hero abilities.
Life steal's characteristics
- Life steal stacks additively and has no cap.
- Warmth Breastplate's passive is a unique multiplicative increase, so if you had 10% life steal before, you will now have 12.5%, and not 35% life steal.
- 10% x 1.25 = 12.5% life steal.
- Life steal will not heal from all damage done to turrets and inhibitors.
- Life steal will heal from all damage done to minions, monsters, summons and heroes.
- Abilities that apply on-hit effects such as Hei's Hei [Q] and Kuroba Kaito's Magic Prop [Q] will work with life steal.
- Life steal does not work for abilities that don't apply on-hit effects, nor with item actives like with Break Blade.
- Life steal does not work with True damage. For example, Boa Hancock's Mero Mero no Mi (Love-Love Fruit).
- Healing reduction effects like Ignite () and Ryougi Shiki's Mukushiki Shinkuu Myouu reduce the health restored by life steal.
- The part of the damage that exceeds enemy's health will not be calculated within the health restoration effect of life steal.